Welcome

Come on in. Take a seat, make yourself comfortable and get to know me a little bit better.



Tuesday 21 October 2014

Tantalizing Tuesday - Automn






Hello and welcome back. I know I missed last week again. It was a bit of an emotional time for me as it would have been my nieces second birthday last week. She was born with Pataue syndrome, which is terminal and tragically lost her fight earlier this year in April.

It is a new week, and I have now resolved the problem I was having with not being able to save pictures to my laptop, so I am back.

For my birthday on Sunday, my husband and I took the children (and our dog) for a walk in the woods. As you may know, this is one of my absolutely fav places to walk. Each season brings something new to look at. So while we were in the woods, I was lost in the colours of the leaves on the trees, especially when the sun’s ray shone down and touched the wood bed, almost setting the scene on fire. Stunning is just not close enough. Anyway, that is the inspiration for this weeks tease.

 

 


 

Photograph taken by Dimitre Caceaune.




With each step Kate took, the leaves crunched beneath her boots. There would be no chance to see any deer today, they’d hear me coming a mile off.

The sun cast its rays between the now less dense forest roof, falling onto branches laden with burning leaves, as if setting them on fire. Their bright orange glow made more vivid by the sun’s touch. There was no sound, other than that made by her own footsteps.

She had been walking for a long time now and her legs began to ache. If she was any normal person, she would be worried now at not having found her way out, or at the very least, seen another life form. But Kate wasn’t any normal person, at least not that she ever felt.

Up ahead the path opened out and in the centre stood a tree stump. It was placed there purposely. Kate clambered on top and sat down, with her legs crossed. The damp felt cold on her bare legs. She crossed them, so that only her denim shorts and shin high boots made contact with the tree stump.

“Kate”

She turned her head to the sound of the male voice.
 
 
I hope you liked this. I have to say, it has sparked a bit of a story off and you can look forward to a continuation next week.
 
Don't forget to check out everyone else's Teasers by following this link:
 
 http://tantalizingtuesday.blogspot.co.uk/



Until next time, take care.


Jessica xXx

 

8 comments:

  1. Oh I do like it, and I'm looking forward to next week's installmant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you can't leave it there. Who did the voice belong to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I very much enjoyed it, too! Such tangible, palpable descriptions. Fall is my favorite time of year and I miss it so, being in Florida where Paradise reigns supreme. Thank you. It was a brief trip home. But who was that man? xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to a continuation as well. I love autumn and you really brought it to life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully captured moment as she cruches the leaves. These two lines: "The sun cast its rays between the now less dense forest roof, falling onto branches laden with burning leaves, as if setting them on fire. Their bright orange glow made more vivid by the sun’s touch." amazing image: " I'm anxious to read the continuation., like who is the male voice?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oohh. who has she met? Great tease :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And who is this guy? Definitely a tease you left us in hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellently written but who is the man calling her name? Does she know him?

    ReplyDelete